Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter margarine
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Combine butter and crumbs in an 8-inch square baking dish; press down to form a crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
- Pour milk over all.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
After witnessing my two workers fight over the last bar, I had to come back and give this 5 stars. The only thing I would do differently -- and there will be a next time -- is to use mini chips inorder to spread the chocolate more evenly. Since the cookie is sooooo rich, cut those pieces small.