Recipe by ms. muffet
The original recipe out of Family Circle magazine. I love it!!!
Top Review by kitty.rock
This was an awesome cobb salad, though I did not inlcude the shrimp and I used ranch dressing instead of blue cheese. Very pretty in the trifle bowl too. Thanks ms.muffet for a great recipe. Made for FALL 2008 PAC.
- 6 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bottom of a 14-cup glass salad bowl or trifle dish, place the washed, sliced lettuce. Pack down slightly.
- On top of lettuce, neatly layer tomatoes, chicken, avocados, red onion and shrimp. Press down lightly.
- Spread blue-cheese dressing over the top. Refridgerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top just before serving.