Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my Moms recipe ,Us kids loved it ,my kids love it. It has just the right kick, but wont set you on fire.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 27 ounces baked beans with molasses
- 27 ounces pinto beans in chili sauce
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- In a skillet brown beef and sausage drain good.
- In a pot combine the rest of the ingredients be sure and dice the onions, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat add the meat and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- very good sprinkled with cheddar cheese.