1/1 Photo of Lavender Madeleines
- Carla -'s Note:
Lavender madeleines are a light and airy french cookie that I enjoy serving with an afternoon lunch or tea. (Madeleine pans can be purchased at any specialty kitchen shop.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor, process sugar and lavender flowers until finely ground.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl and using a wire whisk; mix eggs, lavender sugar mixture and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 4Gradually whisk in melted butter.
- 5Using a rubber spatula gently fold in flour.
- 6Generously spray Madeleine pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Spoon a scant tablespoon of batter into each madeleine mold, leave the batter mounded in the center.
- 8(This will result in the typical"humped" appearance of the Madeleine).
- 9Bake 8 to 10 miutes or until golden brown.
- 10Immediately remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- 11Store in an airtight container.
- 12Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Madeleines
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: