Recipe by - Carla -
Lavender madeleines are a light and airy french cookie that I enjoy serving with an afternoon lunch or tea. (Madeleine pans can be purchased at any specialty kitchen shop.)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, process sugar and lavender flowers until finely ground.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl and using a wire whisk; mix eggs, lavender sugar mixture and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in melted butter.
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold in flour.
- Generously spray Madeleine pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon a scant tablespoon of batter into each madeleine mold, leave the batter mounded in the center.
- (This will result in the typical"humped" appearance of the Madeleine).
- Bake 8 to 10 miutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.