Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy fresh lavender ice cream. Perfect for the summer.
- 14 ounces whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh lavender flowers, and leaves
- 2 ounces crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan, slowly heat the milk to approximately 200 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, add the lavender flowers, and steep for 15 minutes.
- While it is still warm, strain the milk through cheesecloth.
- Add the ginger and sugar to the milk.
- Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and pour in half of the milk mixture. Stir the mixture with a spoon, and then pour it back into the saucepan.
- Place the pan over low heat and cook until the mixture is approximately 200 degrees F.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the whipping cream.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it is well chilled, then process in any ice cream machine.