Delight guests with a buttery lavender shortbread. The subtle floral flavor of dried lavender lends the perfect accent to this traditional cookie There was a paragraph about Chef Cat Cora, being the spice amassador for the McCormick Gourmet Collections, and she suggested that this would be a special holiday treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F
- 2Place flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch in food processor; cover; pulse to blend.
- 3Add butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- 4Add honey, lavender and vanilla; pulse until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- 5Place dough in ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 6Place waxed paper over dough.
- 7Press to form a smooth even layer in bottom of tart pan.
- 8Remove waxed paper.
- 9Pierce dough with a fork, then score top with sharp knife into 12 wedges.
- 10Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until firm and just starting to brown around the edges. (Shortbread should be pale in color.)
- 11Place pan on wire rack.
- 12Cut through shortbread into wedges.
- 13While still warm but not hot, remove shortbread from pan to wire rack to cool.
- 14PREPARE VANILLA GLAZE:.
- 15Mix cup confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl until well blended and smooth.
- 16Drizzle vanilla glaze over cooled shortbread.
- 17OTHER VARIATION:.
- 18Sprinkle shortbread with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender and Honey Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: