Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely, fresh, delicate cocktail from RR.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lavender leaves, plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lavender leaves (or2 tsp dried lavender leaves)
- 1 sprig lavender, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons gin
- ice cube
- prosecco, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, 1/4 cup fresh lavender leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried lavender) and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes; Let cool.
- In a shaker, combine the remaining 1 teaspoonfresh or dried lavender leaes, the gin and 1 1/2 tablespoons lavender syrup (reserve the remaining syrup for anther use); muddle, using a wooden spoon.
- Add ice cubes and shake.
- Strain the mixture into a champagne flute and top with prosecco.
- Garnish with the lavender sprig.
- Enjoy! ;).