Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Sip a different tea this time !! Besides the herbal qualities of cloves, this promises an indulgence of a different type... you can have it black as well though I recommend a dash of milk !!!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Excellent! Today for the first time, I made this tea. I ended up with 2 1/2 cups and not 1 cup as has been mentioned by you. Moreover, the reason I took away 1 star is that, the taste was "phika", a little more sugar is necessary, I would say, about 2 1/2 tsp. sugar instead of 1 tsp. is perfect! Overall, very well written recipe with simple, easy to follow instructions.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cloves (For one cup of tea)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tea leaves (or 1 teabag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water in a pan on high heat.
- Crush cloves and add to the water.
- Wait till water starts boiling.
- Now lower the heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tea leaves/ tea bag and let it boil for a few seconds on high heat again.
- Add milk and give one boil.
- Add sugar.
- Switch off the gas and cover the lid tightly.
- Let it stand for a minute and sip sip sip!
- Adjust milk and sugar as per your preferences!