Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love mashed potatoes and was looking for a way to make them healthier. What I discovered is that those little Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges make an awesome substitute for butter and the taste of the potatoes is wonderful. Recently, my SIL was here and she raved about these potatoes and I had to share my secret with her. I calculated the points for these on the WW website and the points value per serving is 3.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (any kind, peeled or unpeeled)
- 4 (3/4 ounce) wedges Laughing Cow light swiss cheese (any flavor)
- salt, to taste
- Scrub and cut potatoes into 1" chunks.
- Place in a medium sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer about 15 minutes or until tender.
- When potatoes are cooked drain off some of the water and reserve.
- Add cheese wedges to potatoes and mash, adding reserved potato water as necessary.
Great way to do mashed potatoes, with lots of flavor! Very creamy without having milk and butter, and better texture than the skinny ones I make with chicken broth. I used the French Onion flavor, but next time will try the Garlic and Herb. Great with a steak. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
Not the traditional mashed potato recipe....but very yummy! For some reason, all my grocery store had was light swiss....no flavors. So I cooked garlic with the potatoes to add some flavor. They were a bit dry, so I definitely added the cooking water. They turned out to be a wonderful side dish.....thanks for sharing!
Adding Laughing Cow Cheese to mashed potatoes really gave them a lovely enhancement. They were extra creamy and I didn't even miss the butter. :) Made for Potluck tag.