Recipe by smiles4u
This was in Cooking Light magazine. I haven't made this one yet but it sounds like a very interesting tasty veggie dinner.
Top Review by Kay-t
This was a great recipe, would get 5 stars from me, but the sauce was a little too acidic for my tastes. Next time I'll add less vinegar, or possibly leave it out all together. I left out the basil (was in a hurry and forgot to add), and baked the rolls for 35 minutes at 375 instead of microwaving. I'll definitely be making this recipe again - thanks!!
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil leaf, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, undrained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare lasagna, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach and 3 garlic cloves, sate 5 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, 2 Tbs basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper.
- To prepare sauce, place vinegar and reminaing ingredients in a blender, process until smooth.
- Place cooked noodles on a flat surface, spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly roll fashion.
- Place the rolls seam sides down in a shallow 2 quart microwave-safe dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup sauce over each roll and cover with heavy duty plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbs basil.