This was in Cooking Light magazine. I haven't made this one yet but it sounds like a very interesting tasty veggie dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaf, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1To prepare lasagna, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- 2Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach and 3 garlic cloves, sate 5 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, 2 Tbs basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper.
- 4To prepare sauce, place vinegar and reminaing ingredients in a blender, process until smooth.
- 5Place cooked noodles on a flat surface, spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly roll fashion.
- 6Place the rolls seam sides down in a shallow 2 quart microwave-safe dish.
- 7Pour 1/4 cup sauce over each roll and cover with heavy duty plastic wrap.
- 8Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 9Sprinkle with 2 Tbs basil.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Rolls With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 1504.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g