1/2 Photos of Lasagna Rolls
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe off the Food Network and made it last weekend. It got 5 stars from my family. This can easily be modified for vegetarians. It is truly an Italian recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
lasagna noodle mixture
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1For the sauce, melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes.
- 2Whisk in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high. Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 3Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce.
- 4Preheat the oven to 450°F
- 5For the lasagna mixture, whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 6Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
- 7Butter a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish.
- 8Lay out 4 lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down and place in baking dish on top of bechamel sauce. Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture.
- 9Spoon 1-2 cups of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls.
- 10Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 12Add 2 tbsp of grated parmesan and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 1114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: