Recipe by rsgunnell
From my Harrowsmith cookbook Vol. 2, submitted by Anne Budge of Belfountain, ON. We assemble these on the vinyl tablecloth in assembly line fashion. One person places the ham, the other sprinkles the cheese and spices. We use more cheese than stated in the recipe because we usually make up a couple of pans of this. Really it is very flexible. Can substitute mushroom sauce in place of tomato sauce.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 8 slices ham, thin slices
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles until tender. Drain, rinse.
- Lay on sheet of greased foil or any surface that noodles will not stick to.
- Lay slice of ham on each noodle, trimming to fit.
- Spread with mustard and sprinkle with cheese and seasonings.
- Roll up each noodle, enclosing the filling.
- Place in greased shallow baking dish.
- Pour sauce over top and arrange tomato slices over this.
- Bake at 375 Degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- I mark the ones with mustard with a toothpick as my DH does not like mustard so we omit it on some of the roll-ups.