Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Italian recipe.... Taken from: http://totallyfreerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/06/lasagna.html
- 28 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
For the meat you will need
- 200 g beef
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion, powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- dried chili pepper flakes, to taste (optional but recommended)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- mushroom, cut into small cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
for the cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 28 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a sauce pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and add the meat until brown ,add mushrooms and spices.
- Add the tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce) all of it then add water in the empty tomato sauce bottle and add it also to the meat.
- Add chopped tomato and tomato paste and the bay leaf . leave it for 2 hours or more the longer you keep the better it will taste.
- In a medium bowl add ricotta cheese ,mozzarella,a dash of Parmesan and the egg.
- Mix well add salt pepper and cayenne .add the parsley mix well.
- In a buttered baking dish (about 11x7x2-inches), layer 1/3 of the sauce then add the pasta.
- and then 1/3 of cheese Repeat layers twice or as needed. Bake lasagna at 180° for 30 minutes covered and then uncover for 15 min, or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.