Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was the recipe my mom made when I was growing up. She got it from her good friend, Ruth, who was one of the best cooks ever!!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown meat with garlic salt and onion then drain fat.
- Add next five ingredients and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles; Drain; Rinse.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except mozarella cheese.
- Place 1/2 of the noodles in a 9x13 pan; spread with 1/2 of the Ricotta cheese mixture; add 1/2 of the meat sauce for the next layer then 1/2 of the mozarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Note: Can be "assembled" early and refrigerated. (Add 15 minutes baking time).