Recipe by Kathy J.
Classic Lasagna recipe I have taken from the back of a box and added to to make OH so special. My family loves this.
Top Review by joneshousehold
WOW WOW WOW!! I feel like Garfield when I eat this! I just can't get enough of it! This is a great recipe to have on hand! It feeds many people, but also like myself and my smaller family, the sauce you can freeze and make spaghetti with it! SO YUMMY!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, finely chopped
- 3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes with peppers and celery
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef until just light brown; drain excess fat. Add onion and garlic; stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add sugar,italian seasoning, salt, basil, pepper, and all tomatoes and simmer for 2 hours.
- Take Lasagna noodles and cook according to directions on box. Once cooked lay out on waxed paper to cool for lasagna assembly.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, and dried parsley flakes.
- In bottom of large lasagna pan (approx. 14 x 9 in) spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce. Layer 1/3 of lasagna, 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/3 of cheese mixture, 1/3 the Mozzarealla and 1/3 of the Parmesan. Repeat layering until all sauce is gone, you want the last layer to be sauce and cheeses to top. Cover with foil and bake at 375% for 25 minutes; remove foil and bake uncovered for 25 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.