Recipe by Manami
This is wonderful! I found this on Napastyle.com and changed it a bit. The quantity of berry mixture is a bit much but it can be kept up to a week in the refrigerator.
- 1 brioche bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 4 pints berries, in season (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc) or 4 pints frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc)
- 1 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grey salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toast brioche slices on a large preheated grill or under the broiler.
- Toss berries lightly in a large bowl with lemon juice, honey and grey salt.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 5 minutes.
- Mash with fork until of spreading consistency.
- Spread berry mixture on toasted brioche.
- Serve hot or cold.