Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Taken from The Complete Mince Cookbook by B. Jones.
- 4 leeks
- 225 g carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 675 g ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 lamb stock cube or 1 chicken stock cube
- 600 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 kg potato
- Slice and wash the leeks.
- Slice the carrots.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the veg and fry for a few minutes.
- Then stir in lamb; add seasoning and fry until browned.
- Stir on the flour.
- Crumble in stock cube and then pour in water.
- Add bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to boil for and couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- Slice the potatoes thickly and lay overlapping on top of meat.
- Dot with butter; cover with foil and then bake at 200c for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 45 minutes until browned on top.