Recipe by dale!
Stuffing the lamb roast allows the flavours to permeate the meat with intense flavour. Cooking time is approximate. Cook to your prefered 'doneness'. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 rolled lamb roast (about 5-6 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll the lamb.
- Place fat side down and trim off any excess fat.
- In a small bowl combine the mint, bacon, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar.
- Mix to a paste.
- Rub the paste evenly over the inside of the lamb roast.
- Roll the lamb back up and tie with kitchen string.
- Wrap up and refridgerate for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unwrap the lamb.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Brush some of it over the lamb.
- You can sprinkle the lamb with some salt and pepper if you wish.
- Roast the lamb, basting with the oil mixture occasionally until it's done to your liking.
- About 1 hour for medium.
- Serve in slices with roast vegetables.