Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a booklet put out by Country Meadow Austral-Amercican Brand Lamb. Don't want to lose this and I want to get rid of all my clutter!
- 4 -6 shoulder lamb chops, one per person
for the seasoned flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For the lamb preparation
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese, one slice per person
- Prepare seasoned flour by mixing all flour ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover chops with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 3 of the tablespoons olive oil in a sillet and brown chops on both sides.
- Remove browned chops to a plate and discard fat left in skillet.
- To skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil and heat it.
- Add tomato paste, onions, garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine, crushed tomatoes and oregano.
- Return chops to skillet, cover and braise over low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops, top with cheese and keep warm in oven until melted.
- Serve immediateley.
Excellent Dish! A great way to prepare an otherwise marginal cut of meat. We used red wine (Cabernet) but otherwise followed the recipe and loved it!
decent taste. Lamb held it's flavor very well. used red wine