Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a booklet put out by Country Meadow Austral-Amercican Brand Lamb. Don't want to lose this and I want to get rid of all my clutter!
- 4 -6 shoulder lamb chops, one per person
for the seasoned flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For the lamb preparation
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese, one slice per person
- Prepare seasoned flour by mixing all flour ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover chops with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 3 of the tablespoons olive oil in a sillet and brown chops on both sides.
- Remove browned chops to a plate and discard fat left in skillet.
- To skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil and heat it.
- Add tomato paste, onions, garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine, crushed tomatoes and oregano.
- Return chops to skillet, cover and braise over low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops, top with cheese and keep warm in oven until melted.
- Serve immediateley.