Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from Good Housekeeping's Casserole Book. Another way to used the leftovers from the roast lamb.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, divided
- 3⁄4 cup leftover lamb gravy
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked lamb
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Heat skillet and cook bacon 1 minute.
- Add onions, garlic, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is tender and bacon is cooked.
- Add gravy, tomato paste, salt, pepper and lamb.
- Place mixture in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and spoon cream on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until mixture is browned and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining parsley.