Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe by chef sahi shown in ndtv. This is delicious and easy to make. I made some additions in the dish by adding saffron, chicken stock and cream. Even without cream too it is good.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 700 g mutton
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 -4 teaspoons yogurt
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup water
- 6 -7 saffron strands, soaked
- 2 tablespoons cream (optional)
- Heat ghee in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Add green cardamoms, black cardamoms, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and sauté.
- Add the finely sliced onions and sauté till they are transparent. Reduce the heat, add the ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Add the lamb, stirring constantly till it changes colour.
- Add yoghurt, coriander powder, red chili powder and cook till oil starts separating.
- Add some salt, then chicken stock or water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on a slow fire till done.
- Mix in black pepper powder,saffron.
- Garnish with thin deep fried onion rings, cream and serve hot.
Very easy to make and very tasty. I had no saffron and added some ground almonds and it was great!