- 500 g lamb (whatever necks/forequarters etc)
- 250 g potatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 3⁄4 cup stock
- 15 g butter or 15 g cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover base of a 1-2 l casserole dish with half the potatoes.
- arrange lamb on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- mix together onion, carrot, celery, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- spread over lamb.
- pour over stock arrange remaining potatoes in overlapping circles on top.
- brush with butter or spray.
- cover and cook in 180 degree oven for 1 and a 1/2 hours.
- remove lid and cook 20-30 minute.