Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is equivalent to a Kas Kas Curry my grandmother used to make. The gravy is delicious.
Make and share this Lamb Curry - Malaysian Eurasian Style recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g cubed lamb or 600 g lamb shoulder
- 1 lime
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
To be ground together
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds (kas kas)
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 -8 small shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (depending on taste)
- 2 inches fresh turmeric
To fry and set aside
- 3 -5 shallots (quartered)
- 4 fresh chili peppers (sliced lengthwise into 4)
- 1 inch gingerroot, sliced thinly
- Saute ground ingredients in corn oil until brown and the spiced fragrance is mellowed down.
- Add the lamb and stir fry till meat is browned.
- Add coconut milk and continue to stir for 5 to 10 minutes. Simmer over slow fire for 45 minutes, adding water whenever necessary. The gravy should be just covering the meat.
- When the dish is ready to serve (hot), garnish with the fried ingredients and squeezed lime over it.
- Serve with steamed rice.