Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fruity, thats the best way to describe this super curry. Not a lot of spices as they are replaced by curry powder.
- 907.18 g lamb shoulder
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml garam masala
- 19.71 ml mild curry powder
- 113.39 g ghee (clarified butter)
- 29.58 ml blanched almonds
- 118.29 ml sultana
- 118.29 ml dried apricot
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 onions, sliced
- lemon juice
- Place the meat in a bowl, mix together the soured cream, garam masala and curry powder, mix into the meat and leave to stand for a couple of hours.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the almonds till golden remove from the pan, do the same with the apricots and sultanas, remove from the pan.
- Fry the onion, ginger and garlic till golden.
- Add the meat to the pan with the marinade, cook for 5 minutes Add the apricots and sultanas simmer till meat is tender. Add a little water if the curry dried out while cooking.
- Season with saltand lemon juice, garnish with the almonds.
Delicious and the easiest curry I ever have made. Yum!!