Recipe by Bungy
Found in "Australian Healthy Food Guide" magazine. Simple, tasty biriyani which can also be made with brown rice (although this makes it even further from authentic biriyani). Serve with yoghurt and flat bread.
- 300 g lamb, diced small
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lamb and onion in a bowl and pour oil over. Mix well to combine.
- Heat saucepan over moderate heat and add lamb and onion mix. Stir 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Add rice and stir until combined.
- Add stock, stir, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes (20 mins for brown rice).
- Remove from heat, stir in peas, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with parsley and yoghurt to serve.