Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Australia's Delicious magazine. One dish meal with a Greek flavour.
- 1 1⁄4 kg diced lamb
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 400 g orzo pasta (risoni)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place lamb in single layer in baking dish.
- Cover with onions, drizzle lemon juice and oil.
- Sprinkle over oregano, cumin and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Cover and roast 40 minutes.
- Heat stock in saucepan and whisk in tomato paste.
- Remove lamb from oven and pour over stock, canned tomatoes.
- Cover and return to oven another 1 hour.
- Remove sprinkle in pasta, cover and return to oven for a further 20 minutes until pasta is cooked and al dente.
- To serve stir through parsley and top with a dollop of yoghurt.