Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These super yummy cookies are a tradition in my family. My mom made them for years, and now it's my turn. They are VERY EASY to make.
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening
- 118.29 ml firmly-packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml unsifted all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml finely-chopped pecans
- 28.34 g semisweet chocolate
- assorted colored sprinkles
- Combine syrup, shortening, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over moderate heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in four and nuts.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake only four to six cookies at a time.
- Allow two inches between cookies as they spread during baking.
- Bake at 375 F until edges of cookies are lightly browned (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool 30 seconds.
- While cookie is still hot, roll up in a cigar shape.
- If cookies become too hard to roll, place them back in oven until soft.
- When cookies are completely cool, dip ends into melted chocolate and then sprinkles.
- Let stand until cool.
- Store in airtight container with a lid.
- They keep for several weeks.
These cookies are yummy! I had a little trouble with the making of them but I got it worked out: I added about 1/2 cup more flour, then let the "dough" sit and cool a while. I then made balls of dough and flattened them out, then baked them. I had to let them cool for longer than 30 seconds to be able to roll them. Once I got the hang of it they were very easy! The dip in the melted chocolate really adds a nice touch! Thanks for posting!