Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Labneh is strained yogurt and has a cheeselike consistency. It makes a great alternative to sour or cream cheese.It is popular for breakfast in the Middle East. Here the basic ingredient the Mascarpone cheese has been replaced by Labneh and it turned out to be delicious!
- 250 g egg yolks
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g labneh
- 500 g whipped sweet cream
- 30 g coffee
- 100 g sugar
- 250 ml water
- 30 g cocoa powder
- as desired ladyfinger
- Stage 1.
- Whisk yolks and sugar on low whisk for one minute.
- Scrape down and whisk again on medium for another 4 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Now add labneh and blend at low speed for another one minute.
- Lightly fold in the sweet whipped cream to this.
- This is the tiramisu mixture.
- Stage 2.
- Place a layer of lady fingers(Sponge Finger Biscuits) dipped in coffee syrup at the bottom of a serving tray.
- Pour half of the tiramisu mixture over the biscuit and level it out.
- Place another layer of biscuits and tiramisu mix and level it out.
- Chill this in the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours.
- Sprinkle coco powder just before serving.