Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a local family owned restaurant. The mother ran the kitchen and made authentic Mexican food. I fell in LOVE with this guacamole because unlike others it did not have that sour processed taste. I asked for the recipe from a family member when they were getting ready to close and have treasured it since. Mother said "Real Mexican food is simple and tasty." I agree.
- Peel and mash avacado.
- Grate onion onto a small plate.
- Add salt and water to the avacado.
- Then start adding onion a little at a time as onions vary in strength and you do not want the onion flavor to over power the avacado.
- Eat right away or put plastic wrap right on top and place in fridge.
- Will keep for a day or two.
- If it turns dark on the top just stir it in it has just oxidized. It does not change the taste.