Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Kurdish Stuffed Tomatos
Make and share this Kurdish Stuffed Tomatos recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the rice in hot water for at least an hour.
- Slice the top of the tomatoes and keep it aside for covering later.
- Using a carver or a tsp, empty the inside of the tomatoes and keep them for the soup.
- Fry the onion until golden and let it cool off
- Add all ingredients except the lemon juice and the tomato paste.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mix and put the slice from earlier on top
- Poke diagonally 2 tooth peaks one on each side to attach the cover to the tomato wall
- In a large pot or a large and deep enough pan, lay the stuffed tomato at the bottom.
- Add the water, the tomatoes inside that you took out earlier, the lemon juice, the tomato paste, salt and pepper, bring to boil and cook for 5 minute, then lower heat and cook for an hour.
- You may use other vegetables to suff such as small eggplants, onions, zucchini etc.
- The best result achieved when stuffing several vegetables together while using the insides as a soup mix to get much richer soup.