Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Sunset. Enjoy!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup microwave kumquat jam (recipe in data base)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- ginger, cream spread (recipe in data base)
- 1⁄2 lb kumquat, sliced about 1/8 inch thick,remove seeds and discard ends (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Roll out thawed puff pastry sheet to make a 10 inch square.
- Brush evenly with 2 T.
- of the jam.
- Bake on the lowest rack in a 425 degree oven until well browned-about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Beat whipping cream until it holds soft peaks and gently fold in ginger cream.
- Spread evenly over the baked puff pastry.
- Arrange the kimquat slices on the ginger cream mixture, overlapping a bit.
- Melt the remaining jam.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the liqueur.
- Gently brush onto the kumquats.
- Cut into triangles and serve or chill up to 1 hour.