Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love sweet potato and so healthy for a diabetic - this is a very simple recipe when you need a quick side dish.
- 700 g kumara (sweet potato cut into 3 cm pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (flat leaf coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place kumara on prepared tray and drizzle with half the oil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine kumara with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
I liked this a lot, Mr Grumpy was not as pleased (he was hoping for fries). I like even a plain cooked sweet potato with just a little butter or sour cream, so these were up my alley. I might add some cayenne or something to spice it up for Mr Grumpy next time. It did take a little longer to cook, but perhaps I cut mine a bit large.
Made as written. Thanks.
Very nice! We love roasted sweet potatoes and the fresh chives and parsley add such a nice contrast to the roast potatoes. Made as written and will make again. Thanks so much for the post.