Recipe by Ms.Norrell
Persian cuisine has a variety of interesting omelettes, and this is one of my favourites. Walnuts add richeness and flavour.
- 500 g leeks, thoroughly washed, halved and sliced
- 150 g walnuts, chopped not too finely
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some oil and cook the leek on middle heat for 10 minutes; set aside and let it cool.
- Add the walnuts, eggs and spices, mix well,
- heat some more oil in a pan and add the egg mixture.
- Close the lid and fry for 5 minutes on middle heat.
- Turn the omelet and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with bread and maybe a salad.
- It is also good when cold.