Recipe by Um Safia
Published for the ZWT III. This recipe is for the delicious spiced caked, traditionally baked in Sweden. Very simple to make...
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs until very light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually while beating.
- Sift together flour, spices and baking powder. Fold this into the egg mixture gently, so as not to deflate eggs.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and water over low heat until butter has melted. Once butter melts, bring to a boil and add while still boiling hot to the batter (first mixture). Combine thoroughly.
- Butter a 7 3/4 inch tube pan and sprinkle evenly with the bread crumbs. Pour cake batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Serve unfrosted or dusted with icing sugar.