Kristi's Gluten Free Cilantro Chicken Soup
- In a stock pot or large sauce pan, put in enough oil to fry up your garlic. Turn heat on med-high and once oil is warmed up, toss in garlic bits. Cook until they brown. Don't let them burn.
- Add onion and cook until onion is transparent, stirring regularly so garlic doesn't burn. Add broth and deglaze any stuck on garlic bits.
- While bringing to a boil, add carrots, celery, chicken and potato. Simmer until potato is soft.
- Add a small handful of cilantro, less than half of your total. Add the juice of two limes and a splash of white wine (don't be shy). Allow to simmer together for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rest of the cilantro. Let sit for 5-10 minutes so the cilantro can release all of its flavor.