Recipe by Xexe
This recipe was feature on Paula Deen's cooking show on the Food Network. She said it's by a viewer name Bill Nicholson. I had to post it because it is a great recipe.
Top Review by shellibelle
A colleague brought this to work a few years ago and it was TO DIE FOR!!! Way rich, but soooo yummy! I think the rum sauce makes it even that much better! Definitely something to make if you get a B1G1 coupon to Krispy Kream and are ready to SPLURGE on fat n calories!!
- 2 dozen krispy kreme doughnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) box raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar
- rum, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube donuts into a large bowl.
- Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.
- Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled.
- Top with Butter Rum Sauce.
- For butter rum sauce:.
- Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Add rum and heat until bubbly.
- Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.