1 hr 20 mins
This is the recipe for the fruitcake that used to be sold by Kresge's (K-Mart)every Christmas. At one time they were handing out the recipe to lucky shoppers. It's one of our favorite seasonal cakes. It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. Bake times are guestimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 2 loaf pans with well greased brown paper or foil, shiny side down. (9 x 5 x 3 inches).
- 2Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 3Cream butter and sugar together for five minutes.
- 4Stir in beaten egg yolks. Stir in milk; mix well.
- 5Chop the almonds and the fruits. Mix together and then stir into creamed mixture.
- 6Sift together dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture, combining well.
- 7Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into cake batter along with the lemon extract.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 9Bake until cake tests done, using a skewer. (About 1 hour).
- 10Allow to rest on rack and cool to warm before removing from pans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kresge's Fruitcake.
Serving Size: 1 (3556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4092.0
- Calories from Fat 1268
- Total Fat 140.9 g
- Saturated Fat 67.6 g
- Cholesterol 789.8 mg
- Sodium 1718.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 683.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 103.5 g
- Sugars 282.8 g
- Protein 70.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: