I found this on a different web site and thought I would bring it here. This really does taste like Kraft's deluxe mac and cheese
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add elbow macaroni to water cook 10 minutes or till tender stirring a few times.
- A,s macaroni boils prepare sauce by combining cheddar cheese, Cheez Whiz and milk in small sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir cheese mixture often so it doesn't burn.
- Add salt when all cheddar cheese has melted and sauce is smooth. Cover pan and set aside until macaroni is ready.
- When macaroni is ready, strain macaroni but do not rinse.
- Combine macaroni and cheese sauce; mix well.
Keeper ! The best ever and I even left out the salt. I used whole wheat pasta and skim milk and this is great stuff. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was delicious, and the title is right, it really DOES taste just like Kraft's Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese. My 6 year old thought it WAS from Kraft, so it passed the ultimate test ;) Simple, easy to follow directions, and the cheese sauce was just the right amount. Made for PAC Spring 2007