Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a clone of the sauce that comes in the foil package from Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese, this is just as good if not even better, and cost a lot less than the boxed, the cheese sauce takes minutes to make and may used for other recipes also -- this does not make a huge amount so you may wish to double.
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup grated old cheddar cheese (measure 1/3 cup lightly packed shredded cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup kraft Cheez Whiz
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream (can use milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until just tender (about 12 to 10 minutes) strain but DO NOT rinse.
- Transfer the hot macaroni to a bowl then toss with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- For the cheese sauce (make this while you are cooking the macaroni) over lowest heat setting in a small saucepan combine the grated cheddar cheese, Cheeze Whiz, cream and salt; stir continuously until heated and smooth watching closely so that it does not burn.
- Pour the smooth sauce over the cooked macaroni; mix until combined.
- Serve immediately.
This was very good. I substituted bongard's proccess cheese for the cheez whiz.
Perfect clone this is just the same as the real thing mabey even better no more boxed for me ever again this will be it! thank you Kit