Recipe by Stephanie Rex's Wife
These hearty burgers have sauteed mushrooms, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese mixed right in to the meat. Found in Kraft Food and Family Magazine
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft roasted red pepper italian parmesan dressing, divided
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 italian style hard rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Toss tomatoes with basil and 2 tablespoons of the dressing: set aside.
- Heat remaining dressing in skillet on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or till tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in 1/2 of the tomato mixture and cheese. Cool slightly.
- Mix meat and mushroom mixture.
- Shape evenly into 4 patties.
- Grill patties 7 to 9 minutes on each side or till cooked through.
- Cover bottom halves of rolls with burgers.
- Top with remaining tomato mixture and top halves of rolls.