Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off a PBS television special on Christmas cookies. These are absolutely delicious with a hot cup of tea!
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -5 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- sesame seeds
- beaten egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter& sugar until very light& fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, milk, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon& baking soda; mix well.
- Gradually add flour, about 1 cup at a time, until dough is no longer sticky (dough should not stick to your hands, but should not be too dry).
- Dough should be easy to handle without chilling.
- Take a 1" lump of dough, and roll into a 6" log on work surface.
- Sprinkle a few sesame seeds on work surface; roll log over seeds.
- Form log into a ring or twist; place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Brush each ring or twist with egg white.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.