Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the Indian spice combinations, but I had to alter some recipes to get to something that I could make with the ingredients and tools on hand...the result pleased the whole family, and that is truly rare! This one will have Indian spices wafting through your kitchen into every room of the house. There will be enough sauce left over to pour over a bed of saffron rice.
- 8 skinned chicken drumsticks
- 50 g margarine
- 29.58 ml oil
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 10 cloves minced garlic
- 14.79 ml ginger, spice
- 44.37 ml coriander
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml spicy paprika
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet white wine
- 473.18 ml soy yogurt
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- Mix spices with minced onion and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the yogurt, and then mix in the lemon juice.
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan with the oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Flip the chicken over, add the spice mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken alone (without the sauce) from the frying pan and put in an open baking pan. Pour the remaining contents of the frying pan into the yogurt-lemon juice-flour mixture and mix.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken in the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
Somehow the sauce had a very sour taste. Not really my cup of tea, and I love curries. Made for Fall PAC 2012