Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
So yummy when you make your own. Summer is the best time for pickling.
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 14 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup pickling salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 3⁄4 cups vinegar (5% acidity)
- 14 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 28 peppercorns
- Wash cucumbers, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Combine garlic, salt, water and vinegar, bring to a boil.Remove garlic and place 4 halves into each hot sterilized jar. Pack cucumbers into jars, adding 2 sprigs dillweed and 4 peppercorns to each jar. Pour boiling vinegar mixture over cucumbers, leaving a 1/2 inch headspace. remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover jars at once with metal lids and screw on metal bands. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.