- 1 cup small shell pasta (any kind)
- 1 cup rice (Middle Eastern)
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves diced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄3 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- First cook the lentils in 2 cups water.
- Then bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- when the lentils have cooked add the rice, then simmer until the rice is done.
- Begin to cook the other pasta in an other pot, strain when finished.
- Then fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Then add the chili pepper and tomatoes and let simmer until a sauce like consistency is noticed, then add the onions and garlic to the sauce.
- Then set pasta on a plate and top it with the sauce.