Recipe by Anulazuli
Got this recipe from one of my friends, and they just come out so nice! The dough is fairly plain, so the 'pancakes' don't come out too sweet. If you have extra sugar mix at the end, sprinkle it on top of the cakes while still hot. **If you have a nut allergy, you can leave them out and they still come out really nice.**
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 45 ml warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts (or crushed walnuts)
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the warm water, white sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes in a warm area.
- After 10 minutes, sieve the flour in a large bowl then add the salt, milk, and yeast water.
- Mix them well and cover the bowl with wrap. Ferment it in a warm place for 3 hours.
- When the dough is ready, put some oil on your hands (anti stick purpose) and separate an adequate amount of the dough (to allow 6 to be made), then put it on your hand.
- Widen the dough with your hands and put a spoonful of stuffing on it. Seal the dough. Repeat it for the rest of the dough.
- Preheat the frying pan for 20 seconds and add some oil.
- Put 2-3 sealed dough balls onto the pan and turn them over when the bottom part is cooked. (Cook them on medium to low heat).
- Press the dough with a spatula and when both sides are golden brown you can serve them on a plate.