Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo
Top Review by diner524
Great flavored steak!!! I made this as written and was worried it might be too spicy for me, but it wasn't at all, which was perfect. The steak was nice and tender. Served this with my recipe#222273 and corn on the cob. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 1⁄2 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek (to taste)
- 675 g thinly sliced beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes or 8 metal skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a glass dish, mash the kiwi with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Skewers: Thread the meat onto the skewers. Place the skewers in the marinade and coat well. Marinate for 10 minutes, maximum (see note).
- In a bowl, combine the diced kiwi with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grill the skewers for about 2 minutes per side or to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice and the diced kiwi.
- Tips: The kiwi, as the pineapple and papaya, contain enzymes that tenderizes the meat and makes it mushy if it is in contact with it for too long.