1/1 Photo of Korean-Style Beef and Kiwi Skewers
A recipe from Ricardo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek (to taste)
- 1Marinade: In a glass dish, mash the kiwi with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 2Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- 3Skewers: Thread the meat onto the skewers. Place the skewers in the marinade and coat well. Marinate for 10 minutes, maximum (see note).
- 4In a bowl, combine the diced kiwi with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 5Grill the skewers for about 2 minutes per side or to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice and the diced kiwi.
- 6Tips: The kiwi, as the pineapple and papaya, contain enzymes that tenderizes the meat and makes it mushy if it is in contact with it for too long.
Browse Our Top Kiwifruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kiwifruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean-Style Beef and Kiwi Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 803.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef top round steak