Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This recipe is so easy and delicious. Perfect weeknight meal that my family loves.
Top Review by AletheaTolbert
Wonderful dish! I had to make a few substitutions for what I had on hand, but it turned out amazing. (I used regular onions and browned them with the ground beef, as I didn't have green onion. I also used ground ginger since I didn't have any fresh ginger). My husband loved it as did my 14 month old daughter. A definite repeat in our house.<br/><br/>*Since making this the first time, I've done it again, incorporating fresh ginger into the recipe, as called for. I think that I may stick to the ground ginger, or just add a touch of fresh ginger, so it doesn't overpower the dish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- crushed red pepper, to desired spiciness
- ground pepper
- 6 green onions, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil.
- Drain fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper and ground pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.