Recipe by Lorac
A colorful combination of strawberries, basil, kiwi and goat cheese, drizzeled with a little oil and rice vinegar and topped with chopped walnuts. A way kool! summer treat. A recipe from A J's Fine Foods, a local gourmet food store and deli.
- 4 kiwi fruits
- 8 strawberries
- 4 ounces semi-soft goat cheese (log shaped)
- fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the kiwi into 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a clean, fine piece of wire, slice goat cheese into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Carefully thread strawberries on skewers as end pieces, then alternate slices of kiwi, goat cheese and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the skewers and sprinkle with chopped nuts.